The trees are about to show us how lovely it can be to let the dead things go..
I bloody love October and everything about Autumn. The colours of the changing leaves, the chill in the air and chunky boots but most of all, I love that I can finally dig out my skirts and tights! I must be part of the minority that has more skirts for winter than I do for summer.
So with it being the 1st today, I’m starting a fresh. I haven’t done any form of writing for weeks, not just on my blog but any writing in general. Over the past few months I have been scribbling in a note book constantly, trying to think of ideas for books, blogs or short stories but I have totally lacked inspiration. Today, that has changed.
I woke up this morning like a new woman. Hangover free and ready for change.
I have set a few little goals for October and I intend to hit every one of them..
- Spend more time in nature – either head up to the lakes or wander around the park
- Spend less time worrying about what people say/think
- Get back to modelling shoots – I only stopped due to number 2..
- Start writing again
- Do more things that feed my soul and make me not want to spend so much time on my phone
- Stop thinking about work on my days off and essentially work on having a life separate from my day job, my job doesn’t define me as a person
- Learn to say who I am without using age, occupation or gender but as a person
- Forgive myself for previous mistakes or failures – we all make them!
These might seem like crap/small goals to some but to others they will see the importance of setting and reaching them. I see them as a method of self-improvement and to help me get back to being my authentic self, not the ideal created by what others say or think that I should do. I am now a firm believer in relying on the one person that I know can create peace and happiness in my life, that’s myself. So far this year I have realised that I don’t need to depend on anyone else to make me happy but those that come in to my life and make me smile or laugh are a total blessing.
I also said above that i love all things about Autumn but that may be a slight lie..the one thing i cant stand is this obsession with pumpkin spice latte’s, nothing good can come of this. Give me a baileys hot chocolate any day 🙂